This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support! 🙂
Hi mama! Did you have a long day filled with carpooling, working, cooking, cleaning, etc? Then you deserve a luxurious spa weekend at a 5-star resort! What’s that you say? Don’t have the time or $$$ to make that fantasy a reality? How about a spa night at home?!?
Whether you have 1 minute to apply an essential oil relaxation blend, 10 minutes for a mask, or time for a WHOLE bath, go for it! Self-care seems to be on back-burner mode for many mamas (myself included) when it should be toward the top of the priority list. When mom is relaxed and happy the whole family benefits!
Here are my fave ways to have a spa night at home:
1. Pour yourself a cup of tea or wine and let the relaxing begin!
2. Throw on a cute robe or comfy jammies to get into relaxation mode.
3. Give yourself a facial: My facial faves are Beautycounter Charcoal Mask, Rosewater Spray, Soothing Oil, and Rejuvenating Night Cream. Full disclosure: I am a Beautycounter consultant, but it’s a pretty low-key/part-time gig for me at the moment. I love being a part of this company because it’s a low pressure, high reward job. The products are screened rigorously to make sure all ingredients are safe (a huge priority for me) and the products work amazing on my temperamental combination skin.
4. Listen to the Sound of Relaxation: I love spa music because not only is it beautiful, but I associate it with how peaceful I feel at the spa. You might create a spa playlist on Spotify or Google “YouTube Spa playlist.” BAM tons of relaxing music at your fingertips.
5. Create a lovely “spa aroma:” I love my essential oil diffuser for so many reasons. It really adds to my at-home spa nights by filling the air with lovely and calming all-natural scents that make me feel like I’m at the real spa (I have a good imagination)!
6. Bath time: I love Epsom salt and this Everyone Epsom Soak and its blend of eucalyptus and citrus will bring relaxation to your mind and body. There are tons of other great blends out there depending on what you like.
7. Quick Calm Down: Only have a minute before you hit the sack? Give yourself a quick neck rub with Badger Sleep Balm. Lavender and Bergamot will have you feeling like you just left a massage at the spa (well, some version of that feeling, haha).
What are your fave ways to unwind after a long day?
Subscribe and get your free 20 Calming Tips printable! 🙂
Join me in my quest to become a calmer mom! 🙂