This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
In my house we have a lot of food sensitivities going on, so I have to get creative when it comes to putting together quick snacks. We recently found out that my older daughter is highly sensitive to dairy and gluten (after months of her having lots of tummy issues, poor thing!). I am also very sensitive to dairy and eggs but gluten doesn’t seem to be an issue for me. My younger daughter does not have any sensitivities but she’s a toddler who loves string cheese one minute and thinks its terrible the next, lol!
I wanted to share a list of my favorite snacks that are gluten-free & dairy-free, that my kids and I both enjoy, and that can be thrown together fairly quickly:
- Apples and nut butter
- Trader Joe’s Dried Strawberries
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Edamame with sea salt
- Hard-boiled eggs (for those without an egg sensitivity)
- Turkey rolls (make sure brand is GF)
- Organic/nitrate-free pepperonis (make sure brand is GF)
- TERRA Original, Sea Salt, 1 Ounce (Pack of 24) Vegetable Chips
- Organic blue corn tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole (make sure they are GF)
- Gluten free crackers with hummus
- Gluten free pretzels
- Harvest Snaps Snapea Original Green Pea Crisps
- Berries dipped in dairy-free chocolate are a fave of my kids! Just melt the chocolate for thirty second increments, stir until smooth and dip away. I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. They are amazing!!
- Gluten free/dairy free blueberry muffins- I use King Arthur Flour Muffin Mix, Gluten free and switch out the dairy ingredients for almond milk and a dairy-free butter substitute (can also be made with flax eggs instead of regular eggs, if needed)
- Peanut butter and honey toast on gluten-free bread
- Coconut milk yogurt
What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Subscribe and get your free 20 Calming Tips printable! 🙂
Join me in my quest to become a calmer mom! 🙂